Thank you for your interest in becoming a Chapman Products Company distributor. The information below will be helpful as you determine whether this opportunity is right for you.
Please note that the Instructions for how to be considered for a distributorship are at the bottom of the page.
Responsibilities of Chapman Products Company
A distributor of Chapman Products Company is responsible, first and foremost, for serving the licensed cosmetologists in his or her area. Of course, this includes visiting salons on a regular basis and marketing CPC products. However, CPC distributors are also responsible for the following:
• Leading a local team of sales reps and CPC Educators to meet the needs of their customers
• Managing the finances of their businesses properly
• Ordering and managing local product inventory
• Holding educational workshops and events as warranted in their markets
• Marketing their businesses locally
• Communicating market conditions to home office so the customers' needs can be met more effectively
• And countless other tasks required to truly be the professional stylist's Partner In Style
Key qualifications to become a distributor for Chapman Products Company
A successful distributor candidate will possess a strong entrepreneurial spirit. He or she will not have the skill set of simply a "salesperson," but an owner/operator of a distribution business. Given all of the responsibilities listed above, distributor candidates must possess the following:
• Demonstrated successful business experience
• Demonstrated successful sales experience
• A passion for helping customers run successful businesses
Previous experience in the hair care industry
Prior experience in the hair care industry is not required to become a distributor with CPC, but it is certainly a plus. CPC is committed to giving each of its distributors the product and business knowledge to operate an excellent distribution business that serves its customers well.
Part Time vs. Full Time
Given the size of the responsibility and the opportunity, a successful candidate must be willing to work as a distributor on a full time basis. No candidate who intends to work part-time will be considered.
Additional requirements for a potential distributor
Upon becoming a distributor with Chapman Products Company, there are resources that must be in place to ensure success.
•Initial investment - Approximately $3,000. To be able to carry the CPC product line, and maintain a $3,000 monthly minimum order.
•Storage Facility - A potential distributor will need to secure a storage facility at least 10' x 20' in size in which to store product.
•Delivery Vehicle - A potential distributor will need to secure a vehicle (most likely a cargo van) large enough to carry the entire line of CPC products and serve salon customers.
•Technology Requirements - A potential distributor must have a Windows compatible PC computer and high speed internet access in order to interface with CPC internal systems.
• Promotional Requirements - A potential distributor must accept and promote all of CPC product promotionals and purchase Sheen Magazine as advertising.
• All distributors must send a detailed list of all serviced salons back to corporate headquarters.
• All order must be placed on company website.
*Beauty supply stores and stylist may not be distributors.
CPC training for its distributors
Each new distributor upon being awarded the distributorship in his/her area will benefit from intensive training held both at our corporate offices and in the field.
Multiple distributors in the same area
CPC grants its distributors the right to distribute CPC products exclusively in their distribution areas. In return, we expect the same level of exclusivity. CPC distributors are not permitted to market competitive hair care products.
Determining if there is a distributor in an area of interest
Chapman Products Company has distribution in most major metropolitan areas within the U.S. Please call our corporate office at (864)-862-6282 to learn if there is a distributor in your area. Please note that our distributors only serve licensed cosmetologist working in licensed salons.